6.08.2016

Open House at Strong Rock Camp

In just a few short days, we'll be dropping Carver off at camp for the very first time. To say that we are not experiencing anxiety over this would be a lie-- Carver and I are sort of a wreck. He's excited to go to camp, but he wants us to go with him :) I'm excited for him to return to Strong Rock-- a place that was a part of his life from birth-- but leaving your six year old baby at camp in the care of others for the first time is just hard.

So, I've been buying things and packing and talking (a lot) to Carver about how to essentially be semi-independent for five days. Oh the stress.

Back in March we headed down to Georgia for Open House at Strong Rock Camp. As an added perk, Julia was there working! It was fun to visit, to see our camp family, and to walk around with Carver, talking through camp stuff and participating in activities. It was a really fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

This picture is not particularly cute, only noteworthy because Carson wanted to write his own name on his name tag.

Climbing wall!

Julia helping Carson get ready for the climbing wall.



He loved the drop back down :)


Archery!

Even Carson got to try.


Watching Carver in riflery. Hearing protection is a must when your sis is an audiologist :)



Horseback riding


And dinner at Creekside Deli-- a Cleveland favorite.


1 comment:

  1. Amen to the hearing protection...
    I'm sure Julia will keep an eye on Carver. :) I would threaten that she will let him drink coke and do all the things you let her do...but that might not be too much of a threat.

    ReplyDelete