I have a hard time leaving the boys. I always have. As they get older it does get a bit easier, or more bearable, I guess, but it is always hard. The hardest part for me are the last days leading up to whatever trip I have planned away from them.
I don't leave them very often, if I travel they tend to go along with me, but I have left them a few times now-- most notably two years ago when Courtney, Julia, and I went to Rome. While in Rome we started talking about taking another trip together for Courtney's 40th birthday-- fast forward two years and we were headed to ARUBA!
More about that trip on the next post. The day before I headed out of town, the boys and I went out to paint pottery. We had so much fun. I love planning activities and outings with them and I love it when they really have a good time with whatever we are doing that day.
 |
| Lunch at Taco Temple |
 |
| Carver has been making this odd face lately. He does it intentionally. I have no idea why. |
 |
| Wall Street is one of my favorite streets in Asheville. |
 |
| Painting pottery at Fired Up! |
 |
| I think it is so funny and random that Carver chose this tiny penguin to paint. |
We had a really good day! Carver was a bit weepy every time we talked about me going out of town and being away for a week....Carson didn't seem too concerned. Bu,t when I left, the boys were completely fine. My trip was amazing and I was thrilled to get back home to them :)
Cute pictures, sweet boys, fun activities, great place to live!
ReplyDelete