I am so incredibly thankful for Carson, and so thankful that he is here-- but I still really cherish time that I get to spend just with Carver. He is growing up too quickly. I feel this overwhelming urge to hold on tight to these moments when he really likes to do things with me.
Last week we headed back to the museum in Gainesville. I loved spending those brief hours just focusing on him. Playing with him without distractions of a crying or hungry baby. Being able to hold my big boy because my hands weren't tied up with the little one. Being able to sit on the floor at the museum and build with blocks, and climb into the police car and the airplane with him and not having to always keep one eye on the stroller with Carson. We had a great time playing, did a little Christmas shopping in the gift shop there, ate lunch at Atlanta Bread Company and then headed home. I can't think of a recent morning I had anticipated more than I did this time spent with Carver.
I love this time that I can be with Carver without distractions, but I am also very thankful that it is no longer just the two of us. I can't picture our lives without our newest addition and one day, when Carver and Carson are best friends, I know that Carver will be so thankful to have his little brother.
Such a special time! I hope you will always find a way to have these perfect outings with your "big" boy. Now if you could just somehow get in these pictures with him to capture the "just the two of you" moments.
ReplyDelete