11.02.2012

Family Vacation 2012 Part I- Bartow

Even though I have not lived in Bartow for the last 15 years,  returning to visit still feels like going home. In the past I have always been able to make the trip fairly regularly, but  this last year, due to pregnancy and then Carson's arrival, I have barely been there at all. This makes me a little sad. I love to go home.

We spent the first weekend of our vacation just hanging out in Bartow. Resting a little. Enjoying having extra hands and help with the boys. The drive down was pretty good. Carver is, in general, a great traveler. Carson really despises the car, but did surprisingly well for this first long road trip. We got in late Thursday night after driving for about 10 hours with only a brief dinner stop at Cracker Barrel where Carver found a new fun game to play. Too bad his little 2 year old mind just could not understand why the new toy couldn't come home with him.


On Friday we headed to Lakeland to feed the ducks-- a first for Carver. He LOVED it. I, however, was a nervous wreck. The ducks/geese/swans/storks etc. just swarmed us-- some bolder than others. Carver liked to throw down a large chunk of bread then grab it back up to tear it into smaller pieces. I was terrified he was going to get attacked. He also liked to run to the water's edge to throw bread into the birds that stayed in the water. Fine in theory, but he came very close to tumbling in on several occasions. This led to his 4th episode of nursemaid's elbow (thanks to me trying to keep him out of the gross lake water). I immediately reduced it myself (insert pat on my back here) and we went on our way.












Friday night was date night. Yay! So thankful for grandparents (both sets) that are willing to keep the boys so Daniel and I can have some time to spend just the two of us. This night was particularly special because we were celebrating Daniel's birthday at one of our favorite restaurant's, Harry's in downtown Lakeland.


I think Mama and Daddy had a pretty good time with the boys, too :)







This was actually Dad's first time meeting Carson. I think Carson liked him :)

On Saturday we headed to the park in Lakeland and then back to feed the ducks one more time.




Saturday afternoon the guys (Daddy and Daniel) headed to Gator's Dockside restaurant for wings and a little Gator football. I think Daniel was super excited to have someone to watch the game with! Mom, the boys, and I headed to Red Lobster-- Carver was great thanks to my entertaining phone :)

We got home in time to hang out for a bit before the little boys went to bed.


Sunday morning we headed to Orlando to get checked in at Ft. Wilderness. After a short delay for a new tire on the camper, we were on our way!


Carver wandering around in the school parking lot where we stopped to change the tire.



Carver "helping."


We watched from the back of the truck :)

Carver with a hammer-- scary.

"No, don't hit the truck. No, don't hit the camper. Here, hit this tree..."


Sweet baby always smiles. My heart is full. Even when sitting on the side of the road changing a tire. Well, watching Daniel change a tire.


Stay tuned for Part II-- Fort Wilderness!

2 comments:

  1. It was a fun weekend. We loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics of you and Carson in the truck. Julia did too. :) And we are pretty sure she has some similar duck feeding pics there. It's funny but Carson looks huge when mom is holding him and little and cuddly with dad.

    ReplyDelete