It is amazing how quickly Carson has become so much more like a baby than a newborn or infant. He changes weekly, and every single day I fall more and more in love with this boy. He absolutely melts my heart.
Stats:
Weight: 17.5 lbs
Height: Not Sure
New and noteworthy stuff...
1) Carson is an extraordinarily happy baby. He is happy all the time. Unless he is hungry or riding in the car. He has an enormous smile and an adorable chuckle. He loves to be held and to cuddle.
2) He has recently "found" his feet. He holds them and pulls socks off and in general, finds them fascinating.
3) He's (fairly) mobile! Not crawling yet, but he can roll and roll and roll and propel himself across the floor. I think he'll be crawling before too long. He also LOVES to climb up whoever is holding him. It's a little scary how active he already is. This has also made him a little more difficult than he was a few weeks ago. He wiggles and squirms and has trouble sitting still.
4) He still refuses to take bottles, though he did take one for my dad while we were in Bartow-- Dad must know a secret that I don't know. We've recently tried a new kind of bottle and still no luck. This is really, really, frustrating.
5) Sleeping-- still in our room, for naps and bedtime. He wakes up between 1-4 times a night. Very unpredictable. He is easy to put to bed (unlike his older brother at this age), but I just never know what to expect on any given night. He goes to bed around 8:30 or 9:00 p.m. and usually is up by 6:00 or so, though I think he would sleep later if Carver didn't come and wake us up then :) I'm hoping to start putting him down for naps in his room sometime very soon.
6) He is starting to really like his toys. He gravitates towards them when he is on his play mat. He LOVES Sophie the giraffe. He reaches for things I am holding (cup, cell phone, etc), and he even steals pacifiers out of Carver's mouth when he can reach them. It is nice to be able to distract him a little by offering him various toys when he is fussy or squirmy. But he also gets really frustrated if something is out of his reach :)
7) EVERYTHING goes directly to his mouth these days. Possibly teething based on the copious amounts of drool that is always soaking his shirts and running down my arm, neck, etc.
Carson is such a sweet boy. He loves to smile and he watches us constantly when we are in the room. He finds Carver completely fascinating and he is the absolute perfect addition to our family. Watching him learn and grow and develop and seeing him in all of his perfect innocence gives me hope for the future. And an excitement for all that life has to bring for us in the coming months and years. I can't wait to see a relationship develop between Carver and Carson, and I can't wait to see who this little boy will become.
They were both so much fun this trip. I had a great time. Both very special boys.
ReplyDeleteI feel guilty that Riley sleeps so much better...but less guilty since Carson seems to be less needy when he is awake.
ReplyDelete