11.10.2012

Halloween!

Halloween is not my favorite holiday. Not even close. But, I do love a good reason to have a theme day! This year Mama was here to participate in the choas fun!

We started the week o' festivities on Saturday night when we went to a Halloween party hosted by several couples from our Sunday School class. I didn't take many pictures...but  thought these were pretty funny of Carver in his blue one-eyed monster costume.

A self-portrait while on the hayride.



On Tuesday I went to Carver's school for his Halloween party. I felt very parent-like, taking snacks for his class and helping out a little. It was really fun to see him there, with his classmates and teacher. Crazy.

Thank God for Pinterest-- the party snacks and take home gift were both found there.



On Halloween we started the day with some pancakes in fun shapes:


Then we did a little coloring activity, courtesy of Aunt Courtney!







And we made some new orange GAK!


And played with some Halloween stickers.




Both Courtneys contributed to Carson's Halloween Day attire! "Friend" Courtney sent Carson his "My First Halloween" onesie and bib. SUPER fun and thoughtful since she also got Carver all of his Halloween attire :) I love sentimental traditions.


Aunt Courtney sent both boys fun goody bags with socks! Courtney also sent Carver stuff for his first Halloween and we got to re-use some of those bibs and socks also :)


Then we were off to the pumpkin patch! It was really cold-- but I am so glad we went. That's two years in a row for me and Mama, it's becoming a nice annual tradition.

It was really hard to get decent pictures of him. He wouldn't stop running. And running, and running.





To get him to sit still for a picture I had to give him my phone. He was taking self-portraits on it. It is his new favorite activity.


Carson's first visit to the pumpkin patch. It was bright and sunny so he wouldn't lift his head :)

Both boys had on cute pumpkin shirts from their Nana-- I LOVE them!


Keeping the little one snug and warm. His cuteness kills me. 
Then we grabbed lunch and headed to the outlets for a little quick shopping. The boys were not thrilled...


Then back home for naps and Halloween dinner!

"Mummy" crescent wrapped hotdog with mustard eyes. "Ghost" string cheese, and a fruit skewer (with a bat on top, but you can't really see it in this pic).

We decided to stay home and just dress the kids up and let the trick-or-treaters come to us. I think we had three. It was sad. But, Carver still had fun. He adored his costume. We had to hide it or he would have worn it all week.






Blurry but hilarious.


We couldn't fit all of our activities in on Halloween so we saved our baking activities and did them later in the week. Carver is becoming quite the helper, and looks extra cute in the John Deere apron Daniel bought him!




Funfetti Bundt cake!

Whoopie pies!


It was a really fun day! I'm glad that my mom got to be around for it this year. She normally just gets to hear about our activity days, or read about them on the blog. It was nice for her to get to participate this time.

I'm busy getting our Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff planned. I feel a little overwhelmed because those are BIG holidays...

1 comment:

  1. It was so much fun getting to be a part of all the activities. And I love the pictures! Can't wait to hear about the Thanksgiving and Christmas crafts, etc.

    ReplyDelete