Obviously, I love history. Though American history, not so much... I do, however, like to visit historical places in general. I had never been to Williamsburg until last week. Though it was ungodly hot we still managed to have a really fun, though far too brief, visit there.
The best part of the trip? Getting to spend some time with these cute kiddos and their parents.
(In case you can't read it it says: "...this historic building has been in service to God and Man continuously since 1715.")
I love this. There are really no words to describe how it feels to walk where so many others had tread so many years before. To see a street that has been preserved, to witness, to some extent, the physical dynamics of a place from the early eighteenth century. It moves me.
I'll remember a number of things about this day in Williamsburg.
First, the heat was brutal. Bru-tal. We managed as best we could with a few modern conveniences.
After sweltering in the heat all morning we took the kids swimming. Lyle's kids are old enough now to really enjoy it so it was very fun to watch them playing in the pool. This was Carver's second time swimming and I think he is really starting to like it.
And Courtney made us some incredible birthday cupcakes :)
We are going to have a talk about the pics you choose of me. Otherwise, cute.
ReplyDeleteWe need to repeat this trip in the spring or fall one year when it won't be so hot, and hopefully everyone can be there.
ReplyDelete