6.22.2010

Funny Moments

As the months pass Carver and I tend to have a lot more funny moments together. They are small moments but they warm my heart in ways that I wouldn't have believed possible until he arrived. How many times in adult life do we really just laugh out loud and feel joy-filled? Things often make me smile, of course, but I just don't laugh enough. And, I mean really laugh. This was one of those random funny moments to me. I was trying to figure out how his sling worked for the first time, and the experience was funny for several reasons. First, the sling is a size small, because before he was born I had no idea that either of us would be this big...Second, the sling is oddly complicated and I had to read, and re-read the instructions with pictures to figure out how it worked...third, I was pretty much man-handling Carver and he was just letting me do it, not struggling or fighting it, though he was grunting a little probably from me trying to cram him into a too little space... (legs are bunched up against his chest in this picture.


Carver has also recently started to initiate play times with me. Last night I was holding him in the glider and he was trying to crawl up me to where his waist was at about my shoulder. Then he would open his mouth as wide as he could and come at me, trying to suck on my chin or cheek or nose. It was absolutely hilarious. He did it over and over, leaning in, mouth open, drooling, grabbing with his hands...(I really hope to capture this in a picture one day) It was a messy game but one of those small, seemingly insignificant moments, that I will always remember. I try to be so very careful to hold onto the little moments because this is what will make up the story of our life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment