8.28.2012

Carson-- 3 Months



This last month with Carson has been such a complete JOY. I feel like we got off to a little rough start with the little one. He didn't sleep overly well, he was difficult to console, and we weren't able to put him down very often. Either my mom or I held him pretty much 24 hours a day for the first month or so of his life.

But now things have just seemed to fall into place. Carson is such an easy, happy baby. He loves to snuggle and he holds on tight to my shirt, or a chunk of my hair when I am holding him. He loves his pacifier, he smiles almost every time I look at him or talk to him, and he kicks and kicks and kicks his little legs. I could literally sit and watch him all day.


I'm glad hearts can't be over-full or mine would have burst this last month.

Stats:
Weight: 14.11 lbs
Height: Not sure

Other

1) Carson has finally started liking "tummy time."







2) He rolled over!


3) He had his first sick baby doctor's appointment. Sad.
    Diagnosis: Ear infection.

On the examining table.

4) He and Lea spend a lot of bonding time together.



5) He smiles all. the. time.



6) He loves to cuddle.


I am so completely in love with this sweet boy. I can't describe it. Before he was born I just couldn't figure out how my heart would be big enough to love this new baby as much as I already loved Carver. But God gives us this incredible capacity to love and it happens immediately and is completely breathtaking.

There is something about an infant that just fills me with this sense of wonder and hope. I wish I could freeze my life right now. I am anxious to see what these next months will hold, but I am already dreading the passing of time. My boys, they amaze me. Even hard days, and we have a lot of them, are still pretty great.

1 comment: