8.25.2012

A weekend away.

Last weekend we finally escaped Georgia and normal life for the first time since Carson's arrival. After Carver got out of school at noon on Thursday we picked him up and headed to Winston Salem to visit Daniel's family and have a much needed weekend together.

It is becoming a routine of sorts to swing by and see Ellen and her family when we are on our way to Winston. I am so thankful that their home is an easy detour when we are making that trip. The visits still are not frequent enough, and they are extremely short, but they are fairly regular-- which is such a blessing. Carver LOVES playing at Emerson's house, though I'm not sure how much Emerson loves having him there. Carver can be a little overwhelming :) It was sweet to introduce Ellen to Carson, to see Ellen's mom and sister who were there visiting also, and to hug Terry as we were heading out the door. It was also fun to see Ellen and her cute pregnant belly (she is a much cuter pregnant person than me). Can't wait to meet her little man-- hopefully at Christmas.

I have to start taking more pics during our visits.


After Winston we headed the rest of the way to Daniel's parents house. Carson did GREAT on the drive, which was such a relief. Carver was, well, decent, considering he had no nap. That weekend Carver slept in a twin bed, without a railing, and never fell out. Hooray!

On Friday, Carver hung out with his grandparents, and Daniel and I took Carson to do a little shopping and eat lunch at Jason's Deli. Good grief I love that place. We went to Babies R' Us and made a few other stops before heading home for nap time.


On Saturday we headed to the Children's Museum of Winston Salem for the first time. Carver had a fabulous time. It is a fairly big museum and he really loved it.





Saturday night was the highlight of the weekend for me. Daniel's mom invited all of the extended family over for a cook-out and we just love any chance we get to spend time with them. I have been so blessed by Daniel's extended family-- his aunts, uncles, and cousins are so good to us and to our boys. I wish we saw them more often but I love when we do get to visit with them while we are in town.

On Sunday we went to church and out to lunch and then made the drive back home. The boys were really good again and the drive was, thankfully, uneventful.



The best part of the weekend was getting to spend time together as a family, all four of us. I'm looking forward to more weekends together in the near future.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of you and Carver. Glad you finally made it into one.
    I really wanted to see all of Ellen, so I could see her cute, pregnant belly too. :)

    ReplyDelete