8.27.2012

A Special Date



I wouldn't trade Carson for anything in the world. My boys, both of them, have given so much meaning to my life. Deciding to have a second child was the best thing we could have done for Carver and our family as a whole-- I am completely convinced of this.

But, I miss Carver. I miss the days when I could be completely focused on him; his needs, his wants, his growth and development. Those first 2 years and 5 months of his life we spent 99% of our time together. At least. We still spend most of our time together, but things have changed. I can't give Carver undivided attention anymore. Two days a week he goes to school in the morning and I don't even get to see him. This has been such an adjustment for me.

Like Delia before him, Carver kind of became my sidekick. And I do miss those days. A lot.

Last Wednesday, Daniel offered to keep Carson for a couple of hours so that Carver and I could get out of the house and spend some time together. Surprise! We went to the museum. I can't tell you how worth it it was to get those annual passes :) We love it there.

Carver and I headed out and spent a couple of hours just playing together at the museum. It was so fun to just sit and play with him without having to continually soothe Carson or push his stroller around. Carver had a great time and so did I.




"Cooking" in the diner.

The Model Trains are still the favorite thing at the museum.


After the museum we headed to Chick-fil-A for lunch and then back home to rescue Daniel and see the sweet baby.

It was a short date, but so very needed. I am so thankful that Daniel kept Carson so that Carver and I could have a morning off together. I am so thankful that I have this incredible 2 year old that drives me crazy but is so. much. fun.

I can't wait to do it again.

2 comments:

  1. I'm kinda glad that Daniel kept Carson to...mainly cause I got lots of snuggles that morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could edit comments....*too :)

    ReplyDelete