2.28.2011

Sunny Florida in February

Seriously, it was sunny and warm (bordering on hot) when we visited Florida last week. I normally don't love warm weather but it was a welcome break from the cold winter we have had up here in Georgia. Most days were 80 degrees-- in February-- Crazy!

It was a really fun week in Bartow with Grandmama and Granddaddy. As usual, it was over far too soon.

Here is our week in pictures:

Lunch at the Stanford Inn with Mama (and Carver, of course)
For those of you who aren't familiar with this house, this is the house/funeral home featured in the movie "My Girl" with Macaulay Culkin.


Park Visit #1: Mary Holland Park

Carver trying to crawl up the slide to g
et to Grandmama


Hugging Grandmama

Carrying his treasures to the car.


Dinner at the Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City with Mom and Dad. A landmark restaurant in Florida that I had never actually been to-- it was great!

Park Visit #2 (and #3 not pictured)


Please excuse Carver's kind of random outfit...he is wearing a shirt that is too small and shorts that are too big. In my defense, it is winter so he only has cute cold-weather clothes right now.


Other fun excursions that week that didn't make it into a picture:

* Two visits to Yogurt Mountain!

* Dinner at Abuelos in Lakeland and Gators Dockside in Highland City.

* Shopping! And helping introduce Mom to the world of couponing.

* Bridesmaid dress shopping in Tampa and lunch at Sweet Tomatoes (possibly my favorite place).

Playing in the car on the long, oh so long, drive home...

Taking big gulps from the sippy cup and then letting the water drizzle down your chin to soak your shirt is SO fun!


See the wet shirt? On a side note, does anyone else think that Carver doesn't look quite like himself here? I can't put my finger on it, but he looks different to me in this pic...


Where's Carver?


There he is!

All in all it was a great week. But, as always, the very best part was getting to watch Carver with my parents. I will never get tired of watching them love on him and see how he adores them right back. Carver even chose my mom over me a few times...which better just be a short phase or I might get bitter :) I wish we all lived closer, but I am SO thankful for regular visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment