Lately I've been thinking about what I would put on my "bucket list" if I actually had one...which I don't. Until now...I am making it as I go. I'm surprised I've never really thought about it before. For the last couple of days things have been floating around in my head so I decided to formalize it and make a true list of all the things I hope to do before I die.
So, here you go:
1) Commit to vegetarianism.
2) Attend culinary school.
3) Earn another degree- preferably my Ph.d. or at least another master's degree.
4) Get published.
5) Speak/give a presentation at a conference or symposium (for historians).
6) Run a marathon...or a mile...
7) Return to London and Oxford but spend some time in rural England also.
8) Travel to Greece, especially Athens. I want to see the Acropolis.
9) Travel to Italy (Rome).
10) See the pyramids in Egypt. (might wait awhile to head there...)
11) Own a cat. (This may seem minor, but if you understood how Daniel feels about cats you might realize that this could be the one thing on my list I never cross off).
12) Return to Hawaii and Seattle.
13) Commit to recycling, buying locally, and other earth-friendly things.
14) Find mission work to commit to, at least annually. Abroad or here...anywhere, really.
15) Move back to Asheville.
16) Buy a car. As in, not Daniel buy me a car, but be able to purchase one all by myself. Financial independence, I guess you could say.
17)
18)
Surely this list will continue to grow, so I'll leave some space at the end :)
maybe i will leave you a cat in my will
ReplyDeleteDaniel: Don't you have to have something in order to leave it to someone in your will? Which really means you're just leaving her cat-less, even from the grave...
ReplyDeleteKris: We have very different lists. Funny.
In several of these I would really love to join you. Can you guess which ones? My list is different also. Let's see your list, Courtney.
ReplyDeleteNo, no, no court... i am specifying in the will that some of my assets are liquidated to purchase a cat, with teeth and litter box trained...
ReplyDelete