A couple of weeks ago Daniel and I had an honest-to-goodness date night, all thanks to Rebecca who was willing to come and babysit the little one for us. Rebecca is officially our first non-family-member babysitter. It was so nice to be able to go out for several hours and not worry at all about Carver. Rebecca promised that Carver was good for her, and I really hope he was-- especially since the day was a little rough for him. He was just starting to show signs of an oncoming sickness and he hit his head on his dresser about an hour before we left for the evening. He had an enormous bump and bruise on his little forehead. Sad.
Sweet Lily Belle even came along for the evening. I love it that Rebecca knows that Lily is always welcome here, just like I know that if I'm invited to Rebecca's house that the girls have an open invitation as well.
It was great to spend an evening with Daniel. We went to see "The Dilemma" and then to dinner at the Black Dog Bistro in Clarkesville. All in all it was a really fun night and a much needed evening together.
Not that I didn't miss Carver because I did. Intensely.
I loved doing it and am so glad that y'all asked! For the record, he really was really good!
ReplyDelete