...or Clementine, Charlotte, Lulu....
She doesn't officially have a name yet, but she will. (Daniel voted for naming her "Supper" which is just ridiculous as she will never be anyone's "supper." I vetoed his choice).
I suppose I should explain why I am naming a cow.
Well, as previously noted, Daniel and I recently celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. I spent most of the summer trying to come up with a creative and unique gift to give Daniel to celebrate this milestone. But, what do you give someone who already has everything (i.e. me and Carver)?
Well, the obvious answer is a cow, of course.
Random, I know.
Since I couldn't exactly tie a bow around her neck and drag her up to us (she resides in Bartow)-- I had to create a card that would explain it all:
She is the "gift that keeps on giving." A little extra income every now and then.
You see, she will have babies which will then be sold and sent to nice pastures where they will live out their days happy, and healthy, and whole. (OK, this might not be true but it is what I choose to believe). And, Lucy/Charlotte/Clementine/Lulu will also be living out her life in a nice pasture, with plenty to eat and room to roam around, with no antibiotics or hormones, etc.
And, if some of the sweet babies (when they are all grown up) are sent to one of those places I am sure that Daniel will make sure that it is nice and humane. Maybe a few will even stick around to grow old and give their mama (Lucy/Charlotte/Clementine/Lulu) grandbabies at "our" pasture in Bartow. (Or rather my parent's property there).
Special thanks to Lyle for helping me through the whole cow-buying process.
Hope this made for a memorable 5th anniversary gift :)
The perfect, memorable, ongoing gift. Great idea!!
ReplyDeleteI vote for Clementine....what a great idea!
ReplyDeleteThis really cracks me up... I don't know why... I'm almost speechless... I love that you did this. I would never have come up with it. Do you think Lucy could come to camp??? :-)
ReplyDelete