I'm playing catch up today-- this blog should have been posted back in July, sorry!
Towards the end of July I had the pleasure of attending a bridal shower for Krystal at the Black Mountain Bistro in Black Mountain, NC. The shower was perfect, and fun, and creative and was hosted by Beth-- who can also be described using those same adjectives :)
The shower was fun, but the exceptional part of it to me is just taking a step back and realizing that these girls (including Ashley who was also a guest), are still so important to me, and have been a huge factor in my life-- and all because God called us to attend/work at the same summer camp. It is amazing to me, how spending summers together can lead to long-lasting and binding friendships. I respect these women, I love them, I cherish them, and I miss them. They have each, in different ways, seen me through some of my best and worst times. They have seen me be a leader and a follower, they have seen me hurt and seen me heal, they have seen me in control and struggling. They have been friends, mentors, counselors, and held me accountable in so many ways.
Each one of them was at my wedding and I was at both Beth's and Ashley's and I cannot wait to attend Krystal's also. Krystal is loyal, compassionate, trustworthy and kind-- Dan is a lucky guy :)
I have been so very blessed throughout my life to not only have the honor and privilege of working with so many incredible girls through Crestridge, but also to still be able to call them my closest friends. Some of my closest and most-meaningful friendships originated in that place.
So, congrats to Krystal-- can't wait until November!
Kristi - These feelings are very mutual. I've always cherished your genuine sweetness, selfless listening, and honest encouragement. My time spent and lessons learned with you are interwoven into my very being. There's something about a camp friendship that turns into a family-ship that can't be put into words.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing... and I am so very excited to see you in November!