Today is a very special day.Today is Delia's 8th birthday. I know, I can't believe it either. I wish I could just stop her aging process. Already, slowly but surely, her age is starting to become a little apparent. And, it makes me beyond sad. So, we won't speak of it.
Today is a happy day!
Delia has been an indescribable blessing in my life for the past (almost) five years. She was a Christmas gift from my parents just a few months after we got married and moved to Georgia. And, thank God for her. Seriously. When we moved here I knew no one, literally. And, Daniel works more than the average person as we all know. So, I needed a companion. And, what I got was so much more than that.
I could go on and on about the role she has played in my life these last five years, and the place in my heart that will now always be hers. She holds a piece of my very soul, I'm sure of it. I just needed her so much those first few years. I still do, don't get me wrong. But, she has always been so much more than just a dog to me. Having Carver has shown me the difference in the love I feel for her and the love I feel for my son, as I knew it would. BUT, I don't love her any less-- just differently.
There are a thousand tiny things I could relay that I love about Delia but I will spare you all. I'll end with just one thing about Delia that I love--- it might be the thing that I love most about her. And, it's simple really. She needs me and I am hands-down her favorite person. She always chooses me and she is unwaveringly loyal. You can't really describe what that feels like.
So, though I am holding onto the fact that she will live forever, I will cherish her for whatever amount of time I have with her. Because she is my favorite too.
I don't have to write a blog about Michael's birthday now, do I?
ReplyDeleteDoesn't matter to me since I can't access your blog anyway.
ReplyDeleteSweet, beautiful Delia. I love her too. She's one of a kind.
ReplyDeleteI sent you an invitation twice now. Not my fault you don't care.
ReplyDeleteNo you haven't. Seriously. I've never seen one, I promise.
ReplyDeleteShe is a GREAT dog (and absolutely adorable)! Pets are lifesavers, especially when the hubby is gone so much - totally understand that one!
ReplyDeleteI adore her and love when she used to come visit and play with Finn :-) I agree that she is one awesome dog!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, and Courtney... you have a blog? I'm slightly upset that I don't have an invite...
I don't, I swear. I posted some random food pics and stuff (the pics too boring to post on facebook), that's it. Kris doesn't really WANT to see it, she just doesn't want to feel left out. :)
ReplyDelete