So, last Saturday gave me a good opportunity to realize that sometimes it is merely the linking together of small good things that make up what is truly special in normal, day-to-day life.
Saturday was the first full day Daniel has had off since May. And no, this is not an exaggeration. I feel a little foolish, but I have to admit, I was beyond excited when Daniel called on Friday afternoon to let me know he would be off all day on Saturday. So, of course, I immediately started making plans for all of the things I wanted to do with Daniel around. Things are just SO much easier if Carver and I don't have to run around town just the two of us.
First up was Babies R' Us, which could entertain me for hours, possibly days. With Daniel there to entertain Carver I could peruse to my heart's content. The big news for the day was that organic baby food was on sale!
I might have gone a little overboard, especially considering I make a lot of his food too...
but it was a good sale.

The other very fun part of the Babies R' Us excursion was Carver's new seating option. No longer do we have to drag the baby carrier into stores with us (with the 20 lb child it was super heavy). He can now sit right in the shopping cart and seems pretty pleased with the new arrangement.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Lunch was the next stop and we ate at one of my very favorite places: Sweet Tomatoes. It's a salad bar restaurant and I l.o.v.e. it. I especially appreciate it because it is not Daniel's favorite place to eat.

And finally, saving the best for last...we finished out the day off at The Fresh Market. I love this place. In Asheville I shopped here regularly and I miss it terribly. I could spend an excessive amount of time just wandering around in there. I love the fresh flowers, the produce, the prepared foods, the bakery...ok, I love all of it. I really, really miss having places like The Fresh Market, Whole Foods, and Trader Joe's as a shopping option. One of the sad parts about living outside of civilization. But, Atlanta is close enough for occasional visits.


And what better way to end an already great day than a little bedtime story with daddy...

Carver has to have his own book to hold/chew on or he attacks his Bible story book.
but it was a good sale.
The other very fun part of the Babies R' Us excursion was Carver's new seating option. No longer do we have to drag the baby carrier into stores with us (with the 20 lb child it was super heavy). He can now sit right in the shopping cart and seems pretty pleased with the new arrangement.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Lunch was the next stop and we ate at one of my very favorite places: Sweet Tomatoes. It's a salad bar restaurant and I l.o.v.e. it. I especially appreciate it because it is not Daniel's favorite place to eat.

And finally, saving the best for last...we finished out the day off at The Fresh Market. I love this place. In Asheville I shopped here regularly and I miss it terribly. I could spend an excessive amount of time just wandering around in there. I love the fresh flowers, the produce, the prepared foods, the bakery...ok, I love all of it. I really, really miss having places like The Fresh Market, Whole Foods, and Trader Joe's as a shopping option. One of the sad parts about living outside of civilization. But, Atlanta is close enough for occasional visits.


And what better way to end an already great day than a little bedtime story with daddy...
Carver has to have his own book to hold/chew on or he attacks his Bible story book.
I just love these simple, normal days. It makes me so appreciate the time we can spend together as a family, even doing seemingly mundane things. Every day is special, sometimes I just have to remind myself to actually look for the good parts of each day.
I really can't believe how big he is! He's so precious. Did you get granola at Fresh Market? I'm glad you had a good day though. It is the little things that all roll up into making each day good :-)
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a fun day! I wish we had a Fresh Market around here. Cute pics of Carver. Love you!
ReplyDelete