Sorry friends! It's been far too long without an update. In my defense, Carver and I were out of town for 9 whole days, doing some very fun things so I was just waiting to post a SUPER long, SUPER exciting update when we returned home.
Carver and I made a relatively spontaneous trip down to Bartow a couple of weeks ago to visit the ever-important Grandmama and Granddaddy. I had been hoping to make it down to Bartow in September, and then the timing worked out perfectly because not only was I able to visit my parents, but I was also able to see Jenny and Mandy while home also. Such fun :)
The week was busy and fun-filled. Daniel was able to join us for the second weekend we were home so he was able to partake in a little of the fun also. I love going to Bartow-- because no matter how long I am away, returning to Bartow always feels like going home.
Here is a run-down on some of our activities....
1) Lots of eating at great restaurants: Abuelos, Carrabbas (with Jenny), Bonefish Grill, Sushi (with Jenny), Manny's, Catfish Country, Red Lobster, Crabby Bills--- I loved every minute of this...which I probably shouldn't admit. But it's true.
2) Two days at the zoo. First with Mandy and her sweet boys, and Aunt Jenny. Then again later in the week with my mom.
Day One at the Zoo:
(Carver l.o.v.e.d. his first ride on the carousel)
4) Arabian Nights-- dinner theater.
5) Gator Game-- for the boys (minus Carver-- though he did wear his Gator gear and jump in a picture).
(Bailey is 5 and LOVES Carver, Will is 4 and has an adorable habit of complimenting everyone [i.e. Aunt Kristi, I like your shirt. Aunt Kristi, I like your watch...], and Tommy who is almost 2 and is talking so much now).
Of course, some of my favorite moments were just those quiet moments at home, doing normal things, but having my parents there made them special. They got to play a ton with Carver, see him playing in the tub, feed him, and give him bottles, swing with him on the porch, and put him to bed. What an immense blessing to not only spend a week with them and have their help (which is huge) but also to just get to watch them love on him, and watch him bond with them. This week was much needed. I can't wait to get back.
Oh, and Delia likes to sleep with the luggage. I think it is her way of making sure that we won't forget her when we leave.
love all the photos!!! So super cute.
ReplyDeleteIt was a great week! I loved it. Can't wait for the next visit. Wonder what Carver will be doing by then?
ReplyDelete