7.29.2010

Things I miss...

Recently I have been trying to make a real effort to stop sort of dwelling on the past. I tend to look backwards a lot, either thinking about things I regret, or wishing I could go back and experience certain things again, etc. It's a hard way to live. It makes it more difficult to see all of the good in the present.

But, there are things that I really miss from different stages in my life. They are things that made me happy at the time, and now it makes me happy to think of them. And, I think that is ok. It was just a matter of getting to the place where thinking of these things didn't make me sad because they were over, rather they made me happy because I have the memories to hold onto.

Here are a few of the things I miss, in no particular order.

1) The Spyglass Apartments in Gainesville, FL. First I lived there with Lyle, then with Brooke and Jenny. I loved decorating our oh so cute apartment, especially for Christmas. I loved having Michael living right below us. I loved sitting on the couch eating grilled cheese and Doritos. I loved just about all of it.

2) I miss the days when it was just me and Delia-- together all day every day. She was my side kick and probably my favorite thing on earth. I love her more than I ever thought it would be possible to love a dog. Watching her grow older is difficult. She's my soul mate.


3) I miss being this thin...

4) I miss summers at Crestridge.

5) London trip! One of my very favorite memories. Courtney, Lyle, Holly, me and Daniel all in London for a week...what I wouldn't do to be able to go back.


6) Traveling with Courtney to Hawaii and Vegas. She's probably my favorite travel partner.

7) Traveling with Jenny to Seattle (twice). She's a fabulous travel partner too.

8) Living with Court and Jules and decorating my bedroom door with 5-year old Julia's artwork.

9) Having (almost) all of my classes with Courtney (friend not sister) my senior year in college. We even drove to class together most days.

10) Asheville. Especially Baird St, living with Ellen and Emily, and snow days. Oh, and finally living in the same city as Daniel was nice too :)



11) Our honeymoon in St. Lucia. It was perfect.


12) High School days when Lyle and I were almost never apart.

13) Daily phone calls to Megan when she had a non-office job and we could talk at anytime of the day!

14) Family vacations as a child: Seattle, Fort Wilderness, the beach, etc.

15) My grandmother.

16) Living near my family.

17) My sorority.

9 comments:

  1. You still owe me a graduation trip since I took you to London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally have a problem looking back too... I'm doing a Bible Study this summer on Ruth and it has talked a lot about weeping forward which is a very interesting concept I am trying to embrace...

    But in the meantime... I REALLY miss #4 and #14 :-)

    And for the record... You are still thin and beautiful even if you aren't #3 thin...

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS - can we have a girls weekend sometime?? A cabin or something somewhere???? Just a thought... Carver can come too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um... and can I go to Greece with you all?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure you can come! That would be super fun. And, I would love a girls + Carver weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes to #4 and #10. #3 was too much :) i love how happy you look in #11.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete