7.14.2010

July: Part 1

This summer has been pretty full for Carver and me. We have traveled, spent time with family, played out at camp, and...survived our first true bout with sickness. And we were both sick. Miserable.

The "death virus" actually showed up towards the end of June, but we are still trying to fully recover from it. One good thing is that my mom happened to be around at the first appearance of the death virus, and then Daniel's parents were around some after that. So, we did have a little help. For the most part, however, it was just me and Carver, miserable and home alone. Two things to be thankful for: 1) I got the worst of it, not Carver; 2) Handling a sick baby while being sick myself is one more thing that I now know I can handle on my own (if need be).

While we were sick and stuck at home, Daniel's parents actually came and painted our guest bathroom for me. Which I am so thankful for. It was a very thoughtful birthday present since I have wanted this bathroom painted f.o.r.e.v.e.r. but Daniel never has time, and I wasn't sure how to do it myself with Carver in tow. The bathroom looks great and I am thrilled to have it done :)


In other baby news, Carver is super close to crawling. He can already get around wherever he wants to go, but hasn't quite perfected the art of crawling yet. He pushes onto his hands and knees, wiggles a little and then drops back to his tummy. He does this over and over. But, he moves all over the living room, chasing toys or the dogs. Or trying to follow me around. The girls are learning to stay on the couch because the floor is now a danger zone. Here are a couple of Carver's favorite things:

Carver LOVES Baby Winston's toy basket. I had to remove the toys because he also likes to chew on Winston's toys. As soon as he is on the floor he heads for this basket. I have no idea why.

Carver also likes to chase these two toys around the house. The ball with the monkey on top is a present from his Nana and Papa and he loves it!


For the last week or so Carver has been consistently waking up at 6:00 a.m. (and about 3 times throughout the night). I really hate it that he has started getting up this early, it makes me cranky and throws our whole day off. For one thing, he is completely exhausted by 8:00 a.m. and ready to take his morning nap. This happened the other day while I was fixing his breakfast:


(Note: Carver was only in his Jumperoo for the amount of time it took me to fix his breakfast, I swear I hadn't left him stranded there for any length of time)

Next up from my blogging world: a super fun weekend Asheville trip with Mom and Jules, and an update on Carver's food news!

Stay tuned :)

5 comments:

  1. Sorry you're still sick. You need to get well immediately. It's been long enough already.
    Cute pictures of Carver. I love how well he is eating now. It's fun to feed him when he's so eager and happy. He really liked laughing with Julia. Can't wait for the next posting. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic of him sleeping. Too funny. I have a friend whose baby is a month older than Carver... she is crawling and now steals the pacifiers of all the kids at daycare... at 8 months she's a thief!!!! At least your child isn't stealing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come see me! I'll nurse you back to health. And apparently you won't even remember how bad it was (or maybe that was the good drugs you had the last time I was your nurse.)

    Bonus: I'm already awake when he gets up so we can hang out and you can get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellie has the exact same jumper and falls asleep in it like Carver did ALL the time! :) It's amazing. Jesse uses it to make her sleepy and I can't even count how many times she has taken her nap like that.

    ReplyDelete