Well, seven months and one week. I'm running a little behind. Which is actually a good thing because this week has been a big one for Carver...
Here is what month seven has brought:
1) Sitting up! Finally. I was sort of thinking he was delayed. Well, not really, but he has met most other milestones a little earlier than the norm, so I thought he would sit up right at 6 months. Not so. This just happened this week.
I tried, for the first time a couple of weeks ago, letting him sit in the cart at the grocery store (as in, in the seat rather than in his carrier). It did not go well. He pretty much laid on his side the entire time while I kept awkwardly trying to pull him back up into a sitting position.
But, now he sits up, on his own, all the time! We can finally do high chairs, shopping carts, etc. Yay! It's the little things.
2) Crawling-- like crawling properly on hands and knees. He still moves around on his tummy a lot but less than before.
3) Pulling onto his knees. The dogs are no longer safe on the couch. Poor girls.
(Lea looks completely possessed in this picture. I wasn't able to fix her eyes, not sure why unless it is something about dog eyes...)
5) He can entertain himself for longer periods of time. Which is fun for me, but he still has to be watched very closely. For example, the other day I found him in the guest bathroom where he had pulled up onto his knees and was gripping the toilet seat. I wouldn't be surprised if he had been sucking on the seat before I walked in. But, I'm just going to pretend he wasn't...
6) Working on the sippy cup...not going well so far. And yes, I know there are many schools of thought on the sippy cup but I am ok with using it.
7) New vocalizations. Carver is starting to make more sounds that are distinguishable (as in particular consonant sounds).
8) A STRONG aversion to getting his diaper changed, getting dressed, or being on his changing table in general. This is really annoying.
9) Lots of laughter. He laughs about just about everything. He really thinks the dogs are particularly amusing. Even when they are just sleeping...or sitting... or walking.
10) He is incredibly curious. He loves new places, new people, new situations, new toys, etc.
The months really do just get better and better. I can't put into words how much I love Carver now, but I know that tomorrow I will love him even more. It barely seems possible. I feel like my heart shouldn't be able to hold this much love without just bursting. If he would only sleep he would be a perfect child :) Well, if he would stop spitting-up too it would be fabulous. But, even when he drives me crazy (and yes, it happens) I still wouldn't change a thing. I hope he knows how much I love him, how much his daddy loves him... Does he realize how much we adore him? Could he possibly know how special he is to us? I hope so. I know there will be times, probably often, when we can't give him every material possession he might want. But, the child will never be lacking in how much he is loved and cherished. I'm lucky to have him, and blessed beyond all measure to be his mom. Can't wait to see what the next months hold.
Now maybe you can begin to understand how much we love and have always loved you. I don't think you can comprehend it until you have a child of your own.
ReplyDeleteSounds like he likes avocados and carrots now... that's a good thing I think.
ReplyDeleteI cannot get over how cute he is. His little face kills me. And Carver, I see bunny in that picture of you in your closet - was that your uncle's or did you get your very own? You might still have it when you have your own child :) (but thankfully have bequeathed it to them!)
ReplyDeleteIt is Lyle's bunny :)
ReplyDelete