9.28.2009

A week with the parents


It has probably been at least 10 years since I spent an entire week in Bartow, just me and the parents. Actually, I'm not sure I've ever spent a week alone with my parents (minus the siblings). Since leaving for college in '98 work, or school, or other obligations have always limited my visits to long weekends at best. That, or Daniel's work schedule, has kept us from getting down there very often.

I have always been close to my parents. I have sort of the mentality that parents can fix anything, save anything, bail you out of any situation, etc. They are sort of the superheroes of the world, not that any parents are perfect of course, but mine were close I think.

The extra special part of this week was getting to watch my parents spread the love they have for me onto baby Carver. With three months till due date he is already being showered with gifts, love, care, and concern. I hope that I can be all for this baby that my parents have always been for me and my siblings.


So, all in all, it was a fabulous week of being taken care of. It was so nice to just spend a stress free week shopping and eating out and overall just being loved on. I was, admittedly, a little sad to leave, but it is great to be back at home with Daniel with all of us safely back in one place and the dogs settled back into their appropriate places. I love my "original" family, but I love this new family that we are creating too. The closer we get to December the more anxious I get to welcome this precious boy into the world. I can 't wait to see how Daniel and I measure up to the examples set by our own parents. I'm sure it will be a rocky road but I think we'll manage. Daniel is going to be a great dad, I'm glad I get to be there to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment