
Everyone has their favorite childhood memories, and I have many myself. But, one of my all-time favorites is camping trips to Fort Wilderness in Orlando. It's camping, but it's Disney so what more could you want? Growing up it was one of our most common vacation spots, but I hadn't been back as an adult. I really wanted to experience the place again, and introduce Daniel to "Disney-style" camping, and Julia's birthday celebration was the perfect opportunity.


Daniel and I met my parents, Courtney, Michael and Julia in mid-August for a weekend at Ft. Wilderness and the Magic Kingdom to celebrate Julia's birthday. The only thing missing was Lyle and his family :) Ft. Wilderness was almost exactly as I remembered, which is important, I think, when revisting favorite places. The number one difference was that there is no longer a "petting zoo." Which is actually really sad to me, I admit. There were a couple of miniature ponies which are entertaining in their own way, but you couldn't even touch them...what fun is that?

But, it was so fun to get to spend a few days with my family in a place that we all love. We went to the pool, and the Trading Posts, ate dinner at the Trail's End Restaurant, and used golf carts as our primary mode of transportation.

No comments:
Post a Comment