In 2019, my siblings and their spouses/kids, along with my mom, all headed to Williamsburg, VA to go to Christmas Town at Busch Gardens. We had the absolute best time. As soon as Covid hit last Spring I started worrying about this Williamsburg trip that I SO wanted to become an annual tradition. As the date got close we decided to just do it-- with all possible safety precautions of course. This year it was just my family with Lyle's family and we had a great time! My boys love and adore their cousins and I feel like they are all pretty close considering we don't see each other nearly as often as we would like to.
We arrived on a Friday and saw Lyle's family for just a quick visit that first night. On Saturday morning we took the boys to walk around Colonial Williamsburg and I totally counted that as a homeschool field trip :) I love that the boys are starting to really get interested in history.
For lunch on Saturday we ordered take-out from Lyle's favorite BBQ place and all ate together in our hotel room.
Late that afternoon we headed to Busch Gardens. It was cold, but fairly mild and a very pretty night. The capacity was much lower than normal and we were outside 99% of the time-- while wearing masks even outside. We only took off masks to eat/drink or take a picture. The kids loved spending the time together and riding a lot of rides. It was a perfect quick trip and I very much hope we can repeat it every year-- with the rest of the family there too in future :)
























No comments:
Post a Comment