2.11.2021

Great Wolf Lodge!



There is a MagiQuest game that covers most of the hotel-- a magic themed scavenger hunt of sorts where the boys have tasks and such to complete. This was a BIG hit and we spent a lot of time racing around the floors completing quests!





We spent a small amount of time in the arcade and Carson won this!




Family laser tag. I hate laser tag...







 Toward the end of January we took a semi-spontaneous trip to the Great Wolf Lodge in Charlotte, NC. We really love it there. We have been about 4 times now and I think it is firmly cemented in the boys minds and will be something they remember well on into adulthood. I like making return trips to places because I think that those memories become so much stronger and GWL will probably have a nostalgic feel for them later in life. I really love that. 

We have been wanting to return for a long time, but Covid messed up plans over the last year of course. Then Daniel made reservations for us to go mid-week in January, hoping for lower crowds. Great Wolf Lodge was already operating at a much lower capacity and they have  strict mask policy and rigorous cleaning protocols. All in all, I felt like it was a safe way to do something fun as a family.

The only time I felt uncomfortable was once in a line waiting to do a water slide. Masks aren't worn in the water park (while in the actual water-- they are supposed to be worn if sitting at tables, etc). There were clear instructions for social distancing in lines but people weren't following them well and I had intense anxiety. For some reason it didn't really happen again at other slides or other times, but it was stressful.

We had a really perfect quick getaway. I love making these sorts of memories with the boys. The Great Wolf Lodge is something we have always done as a family unit and I love that too. We are really hoping to get to go sometime with my side of the family (my parents, siblings, and all the kids of the family) and I am committed to making that happen one day. 

Homeschooling has its perks for sure, and getting to go out of town for a quick mid-week mini-vacation is definitely one of them 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment