So, I am not going to lie...NASCAR is not something I am particularly interested in. Well, let's be honest-- I have zero interest in it. But, Daniel is a fan, and when he was offered seats in a "suite" for a NASCAR race in Charlotte we made it a date.
My biggest dilemma was, What exactly does one wear to NASCAR? I settled on ankle jeans, a red shirt and ballet flats. I was a bit overdressed...
Overall it was a fun night. I was rather surprised by that. Races are really long. I had to pace myself while playing with my phone so that I didn't run out of battery life and then have hours of the race left to sit through.
It was a bit more entertaining that I was anticipating. They also served food, first dinner then snacks-- so that helped pass the time.
I'm not quite sure I will go to another race, but I will say that I am glad that I've been to one at least. And it was fun to get to do something with Daniel that he enjoys and wanted to share with me.
Overall, NASCAR is not for me... but the seats were awesome and the food was pretty decent :)
Jealous! And I think you were underdressed without hearing protection. :) Good thing you were in the suite.
ReplyDeleteNow three Nascar fans in the family! :)
ReplyDelete