My sweet baby is already 14 months old! His first year passed quickly in a blurry of exhaustion and stress and my struggle to find a balance these two crazy boys. I'd like to say that I now have it all together and we have found a perfect rhythm together and that I am now a supermom.
But... not of that would be true. We are still trying to find a norm, I'm still trying to stay sane, and I'm still struggling-- but we are getting there.
News in Carson's world:
1) The boy loves to eat! I don't know how much he is weighing these days and I wish I did because he is constantly eating. He loves snacks best (don't we all). If he sees food he must have it. If I am eating, or Carver is eating he gestures and points and grunts until he gets some too. He is food motivated in a way that Carver never was so that has been interesting to watch. He is picky, however, and he avoids most veggies and meats.
| He has to have a cracker in each hand. |
| OCD. I left an empty spot on his plate. He couldn't get past it. |
2) Still not walking! Which is bizarre to me. Carver first walked at 11 months and Cargy doesn't seem too interested. He started pulling up around 7 months, and walking on his knees around 11 months, and he can certainly walk with help, but he will not walk on his own. He's set on keeping us waiting. If I ever figure out how to upload a video successfully on here I will let y'all see his preferred mode of transportation :)
3) He is SUPER needy and gets very jealous when Carver is being held-- even if he is sitting in my lap too. He loves to be held, especially carried around and he always has. He can be independent but would rather be right with someone. He consistently tries to shove Carver off of my lap-- or push him away if he gets too close to whomever is holding him. It's crazy.
4) He loves people. Loves. He is much-loved in the nursery at church because he will go to anybody willing to hold him. He especially likes to be passed from person to person. He seems to be very easy-going when in any sort of "child-care" setting.
5) He and Carver are starting to play really well together. They both get frustrated but there are moments where they do quite well together.
6) Bath time is probably his favorite time of day. Well, that and mealtimes. He likes playing in water in general, but baths are his favorite.
| He gets candy when he's annoying. The luck of being a second child... |
7) He sleeps consistently through the night though he cries out a lot. Which, to be honest, is annoying. Glad he's sleeping but he's still waking me up several times a night... He naps once or twice a day and lately they've been on the short side.
8) He LOVES to dance. To any music he hears. It is one of my favorite things.
No comments:
Post a Comment