Finally, after two (or more) months of planning Carson's first birthday party the day finally arrived! We celebrated his big day on June 29th so that the majority of our families could be here. It was stressful and a little chaotic at times-- hosting things always stresses me out, though I love it-- but I thought the party was a success!
I seriously love party planning. I love finding each item, picking and choosing what will work best, waiting for packages to arrive in the mail. Love. It's pretty exciting to me that I now have two birthday parties a year to plan :)
 |
| "Chalkboard" Sign of all of Cargy's firsts and favorites. |
 |
| Highchair banner. |
The menu for the party was, of course, centered around the foods featured in the Eric Carle's book, The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
 |
| Ice cream cones, watermelon, strawberries, cheese, crackers... |
 |
| pickles, salami, salad (i.e. "one nice green leaf"), hotdogs ("sausage"), cupcakes.... |
 |
| Sweet tea and lemonade. |
 |
| Party favors! |
 |
| My favorite item of the entire party. |
 |
| The centerpiece. |
 |
Amazing cupcakes from Truelove Celebrations bakery in Gainesville. We had a variety of flavors: Key Lime, Red Velvet, Cookies & cream; yellow cake with white frosting and sprinkles, yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Yes, I couldn't decide which I wanted. This should not be a surprise to anyone that knows me. |
 |
| The key lime were my favorite. |
 |
| Cargy's favorite also. |
 |
| Bailey and Riley. |
 |
| Anna Kate. |
We were super blessed to have our family here, as well as a handful of sweet friends to help us celebrate Cargy's big day. Lyle and my dad were especially missed. His favorite part was the food-- which is sort of favorite thing in life in general. It's hard to imagine that just over a year ago we were just welcoming him into our family. It's incredible how 12 months can change your entire world. I can't wait to see what this next year holds for this sweet boy.
It was so much fun, and so well planned. I loved all the details. Really glad I got to go even though it was in the middle of camp for me. :)
ReplyDelete