First, I poured the paint out onto separate small plates.
Then I got Carver's painting area set up. I taped wax paper to the table to keep the mess to a minimum. then I put out his art paper and the painting utensils.
This was fun. We were "painting" with random things I found around the house. The options are huge, but we used: a toothbrush (now donated to the craft supply drawer), a small toy truck, a plastic figurine, and make-up sponges.
This activity required very little "help" from me. As soon as he sat down he started painting. All I had to do was not panic when paint went everywhere, including all over him...
Clean up was surprisingly quick and easy. Washable paint is fabulous.
After a quick trip to the bathtub and then a change of clothes we were ready to move on to the rest of our day :)
** Check out this blog to see where I got the idea, and for a lot more fun toddler activities.
No comments:
Post a Comment