First, we dyed some eggs. It wasn't a huge success. Carver cracked a couple of eggs by throwing them into the cups of dye. It was messy, stained his hands, and not super exciting to him. I'm glad we have now started the tradition of dyeing Easter eggs. . . but he does much better with activities where he can get messy (without staining skin and clothes) and when he can be a little more involved.
I also used Kool-Aid as the egg dye, an idea from Pinterest. It left the eggs looking a little odd.
For lunch, I put Carver's food in the eggs again. He really loves opening each one to see what is inside. This is a really easy, fun, activity.
That night we made Resurrection Rolls. It was fun to explain the story of Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection through the steps of making the rolls. Carver had no idea what I was talking about, but again, the start of a good tradition. And, the rolls are good!
On Sunday, Carver got his Easter basket as soon as he woke up. I think it was a success-- mostly books (including a potty book and a Big Brother book), a fun matching game for toddlers, his Cabbage Patch Doll, sidewalk chalk, and bubbles.
Then we got ready for church. I just love dressing this boy up :)

After church we ate lunch at The Copper Pot. We sat outside and the weather was gorgeous and Carver was great-- perfect.
After Carver's nap he did an egg hunt to find his afternoon snack (cheese crackers and vanilla goldfish with a couple of marshmallows thrown in there).
Then, after dinner we did an outside Easter egg hunt for Carver. He is definitely a collector (rocks, flowers, etc) so hunting and collecting eggs is a perfect activity for him.
We had such a good family weekend. Planning and executing special activities and surprises for Carver is one of my favorite things. Worshiping with our church family and celebrating Christ's resurrection was such a blessing. Getting to share the meaning of Easter with Carver made the holy day that much more special for me.
It was a great week of Easter fun. Now it's time to start making Earth Day plans :)
Sidenote: Carver's BFF, Whitney, had a birthday on Sunday! Happy, happy birthday to one of our very favorite little girls. We love you!
SO cute - all so cute. And you found shorts for him like Emerson's pants - YAY! Love them!
ReplyDeleteI'm loving all of these adorable pictures. He's so cute and seems to enjoy having his picture taken. Wish everyone did. :)
ReplyDeleteFun basket and pics! Andrea says she likes the one of him in the tie best. I think they are all cute! I need some of those eggs for lunches, though not for a while. Don't think Julia would be amused (not that I pack her lunch for her anymore!)
ReplyDeleteLOVE the idea of lunches in the little eggs. Nicely done, Momma! I want to see more pics of Pregnant Kristi! :) So happy to see a few - you look fantastic!
ReplyDelete