4.06.2012

Easter Week- Part 1


(Carver in the cute Easter shirt from his Nana)

In honor of this very BIG holiday, Carver and I have been doing Easter-themed activities every day this week.

First, we have been reading our new Easter books to learn about the true meaning of Easter. We read these every day, multiple times a day. Carver is learning to point out things like the Cross, and Angels, Sheep, the tomb, etc.

The Story of Easter Book-- from Carver's Nana

Bedtime Prayers book from Grandmama

On Monday we did a little Easter coloring.


On Tuesday we made Pink Lemonade cupcakes (with Spring decorations) to share with our favorite neighbors.







On Wednesday we made a craft with these really fun foam eggs Grandmama sent to Carver.


On Thursday we made sugar cookies in the shape of bunnies and carrots.


(Breaking up the clumps of dry cookie mix)
Disaster...

On Friday Carver ate his lunch out of Easter eggs! I wanted to also let him hunt for the eggs, but I didn't want to be picking his lunch up off the floor. I think he still enjoyed opening each egg to see what was inside. We'll probably do this again on Saturday.

(Turkey, Cheese, Crackers, Cucumbers, Blueberries, Teddy Grahams)





This week we have also been spending a lot of time outside playing at the park and with Carver's new water table. Not specifically Easter related, but we've been loving the mild Spring temperatures, the sunshine, and the fresh air. He ADORES this water table. Seriously, if you have a toddler, you need one of these. He might prefer it to his pool...



We have more activities planned for this weekend-- stay tuned :)

2 comments:

  1. I love all of these pictures. So cute! Also love all of the fun activities, and especially teaching Carver the true meaning of Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still waiting for Part 2. :)

    ReplyDelete