4.28.2010

Things I am thankful for...

1) Naptime-- After three and a half long months Carver has finally decided to be like other babies and take naps. This has made my life immeasurably better. Seriously. Not that I don't love spending time with the little one, but I do have a job, and a house to keep somewhat organized and clean. Until about two weeks ago Carver rarely, if ever, took naps. And, definitely not unless he was being held. I am SO SO very thankful for naps.

2) Sleeping unswaddled-- When Carver was tiny, swaddling was a lifesaver. As he got older and bigger it became a nuisance. For one, it's a pain to do it, and I'm not very good at it. But, Daniel was never too fond of being woken up in the middle of the night to swaddle Carver after his middle-of-the-night feedings. Imagine that. Plus, there was the fear that he was getting overheated in his wrappings. Then, two weeks or so ago Carver started rolling over. Seems like rolling over while swaddled would be a safety hazard. I was getting up more than a dozen times a night to check on him. Now he is unswaddled and I still get up a dozen (or more) times a night to check on him. Oh well.

3) Grandparents (both sets) who buy Carver fun stuff, like clothes for upcoming months, a (super cute!) bathing suit, an Easter outfit and diapers. And an aunt who sends him gifts in the mail :)

4) And finally, this... The.Greatest.Invention.Ever.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Carver. I am very proud of you for napping and for coming out of your swaddle. Your cousin Emerson just started coming out of her swaddle - yesterday - you're so advanced :) Your therapist aunt is a buzz kill and wants to warn you not to hang out in your awesome jumper too much or you will be a late walker. Because you know, your mom needed one more thing to worry about. Tell her to call me, I miss her. xoxo, Aunt Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry aunt Ellen, Carver has a VERY short attention span-- we get about 2 or 3 ten minute sessions a day. Enough time to check my email or let the dogs outside. But, still we love it :) A friend of Daniel's calls this the "circle of neglect" which I think is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad he's napping, and sleeping unswaddled! I know that makes you much happier!!!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete