When Julia was born 15 years ago, Lyle and I were at the hospital. We wandered around searching for food and just exploring in general, we tried to sleep in the waiting room and we (impatiently) endured the hours waiting for her to make her debut. We were only 17 and it was kind of a bizarre, but exciting adventure to be there in the building waiting for her.
When Courtney went into labor with Riley at the end of July I SO wish that I could have been there. Under any other circumstances (like not having a 2 month old myself), I would have been up there in a flash, waiting at the hospital, eager for Riley to arrive.
A couple of weeks ago I (finally!) got to meet sweet Riley when my brave sister took a week-long road trip with her and stopped by our house for a quick visit. It wasn't nearly enough time to adequately love on that sweet baby, but I am SO thankful, and a little ashamed, that Courtney brought her to see us. Sorry Sis, that I couldn't get up to Maryland to see the little one and you had to do all of the traveling.
Riley is already so loved and going to be such a sweet addition to our family. I simply adore my nieces and nephews. Fifteen years (and 1 month) ago, I became an aunt for the first time and it changed my life. Julia has been one of my greatest blessings in life. I am so thankful for her, Bailey, Will, Tommy, Anna Kate, and now, little Riley.
Welcome to the crazy Carver clan little girl.
 |
| Carver with Andrea, Courtney's friend and traveling partner. And, Carver's new BFF. |
 |
| The babies cruising around the Dillard House. Love the BOB stroller! |
 |
| Carson and me at the Dillard House. |
 |
| Aunt Courtney and Carson. (hee hee hee, Carson looks silly here) |
 |
| Aunt Courtney and an uncooperative 2 year old. |
 |
| Me and Riley! |
 |
| Riley and Carson. |
 |
| Carson trying to pull Riley's ear off-- we had to peel back his fingers one by one. Poor girl... |
I am so excited that Courtney and I have kids only 9 weeks apart in age. It has already been so fun to get to share this with her, good stuff, bad stuff, funny stuff. Yay for a really great sister :)
We had so much fun! Thanks for letting us come! And thanks to Carson for sharing his crib and clothes with Riley. :)
ReplyDeleteSuch cute pictures! I LOVE having two grandkids so close in age. Let's get them together soon. Matching outfits are in order, right? :) (For all four of them!)
ReplyDeleteUm. Good luck getting Julia in a matching outfit. :) Not sure if even bribery would work!
ReplyDelete