9.25.2012

Carson-- 4 Months



Four months with this sweet boy have flown by. I just can't get enough of his chubby face and enormous smiles.  Seriously, I could snuggle with him all day. But, I have a 2 year old, and a house, and a job, and weight to lose... So we fit snuggle time in when we can but it is never enough.

Stats (approximation):
Weight: 16+ lbs
Height: 25 or so inches

New Stuff or noteworthy stuff:

1) Carson has started chuckling!


2) He loves to suck on his hands and thumb.


3) He has a favorite pacifier. We lost it this week and it was an ordeal. No worries-- it has now been replaced. Whew.



4) Rolling, rolling, rolling. Even when strapped into seats that make it impossible, he still tries.

5) Starting to show an interest in some toys.


6) Still getting up 2-3 times a night. He also takes about  2 short little naps in the morning and sometimes another short nap in the evening before bedtime. I'm planning to start getting him scheduled a little better in the coming weeks. He goes to bed sometime between 7:30 and 8:30. He wakes up happy and ready to go around 6:00 or so. Yay. Not really. That was sarcasm.

7) He finds his big brother REALLY fascinating. And, as a side note, Carver has been super sweet to him lately. Bringing him his pacifiers, patting him on the head, and even hugging him occasionally. Love it.

At the risk of getting repetitive and annoying I just have to say it again-- I adore these boys. I am so incredibly thankful that I am their mom. I am blessed. Exhausted, overwhelmed and often impatient-- but oh so blessed. I can't wait to see what new stuff Carson figures out in this next month.

And, just for fun, some of Carson's  most common expressions.

Distracted. Usually by Carver or some unseen but fascinating thing over "there."
Perplexed.
Joy!
Suspicion.

3 comments:

  1. Such cute pictures! He's precious. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Perplexed is my favorite" (cause I was on the receiving end of that look, more than once.) But I love that onesie in the last pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure why I put the quotation mark like that. Can't blame autocorrect so I guess just typing too fast and not re-reading. Meant: "Perplexed" obviously.

    ReplyDelete