9.07.2012

A new role.

Even though I have been a mom now for 2 years and 8 months, I feel like my job description is still constantly changing and evolving.

And I love it.

This Fall, I am now the parent of a child that attends school. Which means that I now get to be involved in "school stuff."

So fun!

I feel a little embarrassed to admit how much I am loving this stuff. And school has only been in session for 1 month so far. But it is really fun to be involved with Carver as he starts in this newest phase of life.

Two weeks ago I baked a lot of goodies for the school bake sale.

The pile o' goodies: Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars; Fluffer Nutter Bites; Oreo Cheesecake cookies; Rolo Stuffed Snickerdoodles. (This was a fabulous way to use all those Pinterest recipes I have pinned!)






This week it was our week to provide Carver's class with snacks on Tuesday and Thursday.



Snack Mix: Annie's Graham Bunnies, Pretzel Goldfish; Space Adventures Goldfish; Craisins; honey sesame sticks. (plus yogurt covered raisins, not pictured)

Tuesday Snack: Snack mix; individual fruit cups (strawberries, grapes, blueberries, and raspberries)

Thursday Snack: Mini Muffin Trio (pumpkin apple, carrot/apple/coconut, sweet potato oat); Buddy Fruits
See Weelicious for the muffin recipes. Love this website-- thanks, Ellen, for introducing it to me many months ago!


I am so neurotic. I spent an obscene amount of time trying to decide what to make for these things. Pouring over recipes for the bake sale items, and thinking through what would be the perfect snacks for a class of 4 two-year-olds. Really, it is embarrassing.

And, I can't wait to do it again....

Seriously, what does this say about my life?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! It's a good thing I wasn't there to sample everything. It all looks great.

    ReplyDelete