5.12.2012

Bathtub Painting

We haven't been attempting too many crafts or projects lately. I'm tired.

Last week, however, we did do a little painting in the bath tub. Super easy to set  up and clean up and Carver LOVED it.

What you need:

Corn starch
Baby Shampoo
Food Coloring
Ice cube trays (or any small containers for the paint)
Paintbrushes

Mix together a small amount of shampoo (about 1 Tablespoon), cornstarch (about 1 Teaspoon or less), and several drops of food coloring.




Then I let Carver paint in the bigger garden tub in our bathroom. I stripped him down to his diaper (so the photos would be appropriate-- please excuse the clearly very wet, saggy diaper), and he painted and painted.





I moved all of my stuff away from the edges of the tub before letting him in and cleaning it up was incredibly quick, I just used a wet washcloth and wiped it off. No scrubbing at all.

I found the idea here. If you have small kids, you should try it!



No comments:

Post a Comment