Our new address. Every time I write it or say it I automatically think of 25 Baird St.-- and the fabulous house Ellen and I shared in Asheville. I'm not sure why...
About a month ago we moved over a little closer to camp. It has been an adjustment, though not a dramatic one since we are only about 30 minutes away from where we lived previously. We have had to scout out playgrounds and the library, and restaurants, etc. We are learning to establish a new norm and our routine over here is beginning to take shape.
So far, it has been hard to see the biggest benefits to moving. Like, seeing Daniel more, having more time together as a family, etc. But, this is the start of the camp season and to be expected. I feel confident that once the summer ends and Fall rolls back around that we will see more of those perks to living here.
I do miss some things about our old neighborhood. I miss the neighbors, and the familiarity of the place. It was more conveniently located for church, doctor's appointments, etc. But overall we are excited about this change.
Here are some pictures of the new place. I wish I had taken some "before" pictures because
a lot of work went into making this house comfortable and livable. A special thanks to Daniel's parents for all they did to get us into the house, helping us move, cleaning, painting, etc. We couldn't have done this without their help.
Sidenote: The new nursery is not featured on here. We are (impatiently) awaiting for the bedding to arrive from Pottery Barn. I'll do a separate post on just Carson's room when it is complete.
 |
| 43 Barker Trail |
 |
| The front door/entryway |
 |
| Back deck-- a work in progress. We still need to bring the grill over from the other house and stain the deck. |
 |
| Entryway |
 |
| Living Room |
 |
| View of Living Room from upstairs |
 |
| Fireplace |
 |
| Kitchen |
 |
| Dining Room | | | | |
|
|
|
|
 |
| My office-- inside huge closet in guest/play room. |
 |
| office |
 |
| office |
 |
| Play area in the guest/playroom |
 |
| See my little office in the closet to the right of picture? Perfect little space to work. |
 |
| Guest area. | | |
|
|
 |
| Hallway to master bedroom, guest bathroom, and laundry room. |
 |
| Guest bathroom |
 |
| Master bathroom. |
 |
| Carver's room- I adore his bedding and curtains. (Thanks to my Mama for outfitting his room!) |
 |
| View of his room (still incomplete) before we added the tacky bed rail. |
 |
| Huge closet. With "reading" corner. |
.JPG) |
| Quote above his bed: "Promise me you'll Remember... you are Braver than you believe, Stronger than you seem, and Smarter than you think" -- Christopher Robin to Pooh |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
| View from our driveway. |
 |
| View from the top of the street. |
 |
| View from the back deck. |
There are a lot of things I love about this new space. I love that the boys have their own rooms and we still have a guest room. I love the play room (that Carver adores). I love, love, love seeing the mountains from the front or back of our house.
I didn't show pictures of every part of the house. Our master bedroom is in full new-baby set-up and not looking its best. The upstairs guest/boys bathroom it was too tricky to get a good shot of. Then, as I mentioned above, Carson's room is not quite complete so I didn't include pics of it. Otherwise, most of the house is shown here. We still have a list of projects we want to do and will hopefully get to after the summer when things slow down and get a little more "normal."
But, we're thankful for this new home and excited about bringing Carson home to it in just a few short days.
the house looks gorgeous! great view!
ReplyDeleteThanks Michael!
DeleteLove it! Hope I can figure out a way to get down there to see it (and you and Carson and Carver) soon!
ReplyDeleteI know, me too. Visits might be a little tricky for a bit :)
DeleteThe house looks AWESOME - I can't believe how different the outside of the house looks - great work, can't wait to come visit in the new house!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Very nice!
ReplyDelete