7.26.2016
Carson Miles
Carson has now completed two full years of school and in just a few short weeks he will start Pre-K. He will go to school Monday-Friday and I am already mourning the loss of time with him at home. I love watching the boys grow and learn new things and conquer new milestones--but there is a sadness to these things too. For six years I have had one or both of them home with me during the week, now they will both be in school. I don't feel relieved or excited for the extra alone time (which is odd because I definitely value alone time), instead I feel disappointed that this first phase of their home life with me is coming to an end. It has me thinking crazy thoughts about homeschooling and such :)
Carson did very well in school for his 3-year old year. His teachers had so many kind and encouraging things to say about him-- his behavior, his personality, and his "academic" accomplishments. Carson gets along with everyone and had several favorite friends. He is extremely verbal and has a huge vocabulary. This year he began taking much more of an interest in coloring and drawing and creative activities. He has an enormous imagination and loves to make up extravagant stories and scenarios with his toys.
Once he spent the entire day as Leonardo, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. In costume, carrying weapons, ridding the house of "bad guys" and referring to Daniel as Sensei.
I think Carson will continue to do very well in school, he is smart and very friendly and social. He says such funny things and he really likes people so well. I see big things in his future, and for now, we don't have any major concerns.
I'm sad about the school year starting and bringing with it these big changes...but I can't wait to see what the future holds for this precious boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment