I love Disney. The theme parks were such a consistent part of my childhood and I love that I've been able to share all things Disney with the boys.
What I do
not love about Disney is that it is ALWAYS crowded. Always. Year-round. I hate crowds. Especially with the boys. And I
really hate crowds in the sweltering Florida summers. So, I turned to the trusty internet and found some "low-crowd" dates that worked for us. I booked a flight, pulled the boys out of school and we were on our way.
This was my first flight with the boys, and I did it
alone. It went incredibly smoothly and I felt super capable and independent when we arrived and had all survived intact.
The flight was so much fun-- it was super quick and they were excited and on their best behavior. The flight was a bit rocky for Carver because his ears bothered him the entire time. Otherwise, it was perfect.
My parents picked us up in Orlando and we headed to The Fountains where mom, the boys, and I stayed for a couple of days to do Disney!
 |
| Nothing like being woken up at 6:00 am by a blaring fire alarm. |
 |
| Hotel tubs are apparently REALLY fun. |
On our first day in Orlando we had reservations at Cafe Mickey at the Contemporary Resort. I had been wanting to take the boys there forever and could never get reservations. Finally, success!
Carver loved every single minute of it. Carson loved it in theory...and loved the characters at a distance, but was pretty terrified if they got too close.
 |
| Minnie with the picture Carver had drawn and taken to the restaurant to give to her. |
 |
| Cargy was not sure about Donald... |
 |
| Donald was super sweet and stayed around for a few minutes so Cargy could warm up to him. |
That night we ate dinner at the T-Rex restaurant in the Disney Village. Again, Carver loved it and Carson was terrified.
The next morning we headed to the Magic Kingdom.
 |
| That awkward moment when you wait in a really long line to ride The Little Mermaid ride....then realize you are in the line to meet Ariel. Carver totally just rolled with it. Cargy was, terrified. |
 |
| The People Mover! |
 |
We stayed ALL day, all the way through the parade and fireworks.
|
It was a perfect day at the theme park. Mom and I had the best time watching the boys have such a great time. We rode so many rides, saw the parade, and had a really easy day. It was still quite crowded-- but that is just part of dealing with Disney. I am SO glad we went and so thankful that my mom is always up for whatever we want to do.
After a couple of nights in Orlando we headed to Bartow for a couple more nights. We headed to Legoland first. I like Legoland, but I do not love it. I think that the Magic Kingdom is fun for adults too...but Legoland, not so much. The boys had a good time though and they love Legos so all was well.
 |
| The boys loved the playground best.... |
 |
A rare moment of sweetness between these two.
|
It was a perfect week and ended all too quickly. Carver was a wreck when we left my parents. He cried for the first half of the flight...
 |
| Carson spent the entire flight home "reading" the emergency flight manual,,, |
I know that it will get harder to do things like this now that Carver is starting Kindergarten in a few weeks, so it was extra important that we do this trip when we could. I loved it all.
I'm ready to do it all over again. When are you coming?
ReplyDelete