Today is the third anniversary of Delia's death. Today has been bittersweet as more moments than usual were focused on her, with memories that still sting as much as they make me smile.
I think about her every single day. Every. Single. Day. Sometimes her presence is so desperately needed. When loneliness or despair creeps in, when I just need a moment of comfort from someone who doesn't need anything in return, when I am sad or fearful and don't want to explain it I just need a small, warm, companion to help push back the darkness.
I miss her. I can bear it now, when for the first months I felt sure I couldn't. I am extra thankful now that she was not buried in Georgia and so I can still have her "with" me in North Carolina. My heart is healing but the process has hurt.
Sweet Lea turns 12 this month and I fight to hold back panic of soon losing her as well. Some dogs become family. And losing family is so hard.
Delia was three years old in the picture below-- one of my all-time favorites. She had been with me about 5 months when it was taken and I was already so very much in love. That's what she symbolizes to me now. Love.
.jpg)
I love this picture of her also. Sweet and beautiful girl! There are so many adorable pictures of her and even more wonderful memories. You gave her a great life and she added so much love and joy to yours. One of a kind!!
ReplyDelete