Today is two years since Delia died. It has been a sad day. I miss her every day, but my heart hurts a little more today.
I like this picture of us because it encompasses a lot of small details about our relationship. She was always so exuberant after any time we spent apart. She was needy but incredibly affectionate. She was a comfort to me and something physical and tangible in our home that brought me needed companionship. She was always what I needed when I needed it.
And, I just miss her. I feel this grief welling up inside of me, but there is nowhere to go and no time to give to release these sad thoughts. I need a moment, a quiet place, a reprieve from day to day to just be sad and not have to apologize for it.
I wish I had a moment.
I so love that sweet girl.

Take that moment. You can and should. I love you. I miss her too. Lots of memories.
ReplyDeleteThat is one of my favorite pics too. :)
ReplyDelete