He is still a little on the small side, weighing about 23 lbs or so. And he is feisty!
| I peeled his banana. Apparently he was not ready for me to peel his banana. |
The biggest change these last few months has been in his vocabulary. He talks all the time. He says short sentences and will wander the house saying "mommy mommy mommy mommy" over and over and over. Curiously, there are a few common words that he does not say: like yes and no. If he agrees with something he just says, "okay!" and if he doesn't he shakes his for no. I'm not sure how many words he has but it has been so interesting to hear him talking so clearly and in phrases and short sentences already-- Carver talked late (was about 3 before he talked so much) so this is new for us.
He has found the art of throwing tantrums and does it with much drama.
He laughs and laughs and laughs, especially when playing with his Daddy.
He is super affectionate. He still loves to be held. He hugs Carver, and pets the dogs, and smiles and waves at everybody.
Carson is sleeping very well. He usually takes an afternoon nap for 2 hours or so, and then sleeps for 12 hours at night and very very rarely wakes us up during the night. He loves naptime and bedtime because we always read books and spend some quiet time alone in his room before he goes to sleep. He goes right down in his crib with very little issue.
He is a very picky eater, but he'll eat anything sweet.
| Fast food chicken nuggets made with horrible ingredients are a favorite. |
He doesn't really watch TV, but he always wants Mickey Mouse Clubhouse playing in the background. He brings me the remote and says "Here, Mommy, here!" so I will turn Mickey back on for him, then he wanders off to play with something, just content that Mickey is on.
| He ADORES Minnie Mouse. He has one with a purple dress on too. |
This is my favorite developmental age. He is just so curious and becoming independent and constantly learning and seeking and changing. He is incredibly sweet but can hold his own with Carver.
And he keeps life interesting....
I can't believe we are on the downward slide to his 2nd birthday! Yikes! Time to start planning.
He's a sweet boy. That's for sure. I love all the cute pictures. Guess I better get his Minnie in the mail soon. Can't believe I forgot to put it under the tree. Just glad I finally ran across it. Why didn't you remind me?
ReplyDelete