4.21.2013

Hiking

A hiker I am not. I used to try to be a hiker. I bought expensive gear. I tried to look the part of an outdoorsy girl that likes to camp and hike and whatnot. But, alas, that just isn't who I am.

Anyway, none of that is the point of this post.

Back in February (I know, I know, I'm still catching up), Mom, Daniel, the boys and I all went for a little afternoon hike. The day was gorgeous, the sun was shining, and we wanted to get out. Daniel found a short hike to a waterfall super close to our house. We packed a lunch and headed out.

The hike was beautiful and manageable, even for me. Carver was thrilled to be outside. My mom LOVES things like this and so does Daniel. I, typically, do not. However, it was something fun and different to do and I hope to go back soon.

Daniel lugged Carson for the hike, wearing him in the baby carrier. Carver walked for most of the downhill part. And periodically held Lea's leash and walked her.

We got down to the waterfall and it was beautiful and very very worth it.

Then we started back. Carver decided he didn't want to walk, so Daniel carried BOTH boys uphill and back to the car. I was winded just carrying my own body weight. Which is sad, really.

Anyway, this was definitely an afternoon well spent.

















3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pic of you and mama! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a fun day! I loved it. Hope we can do it again and other trails also. I'm just glad your camera didn't fall down the side of the mountain when the strap came undone and I nearly lost it. :)

    ReplyDelete