4.21.2013

Friends

I've been incredibly blessed in my life. In a lot of ways, but especially through my friends. I have the most amazing lifelong friends. This handful of girls have seen it all with me. The good sides of me and the not-so-good sides. We have laughed, fought, traveled, lived together, and shared every single important moment.

One of my oldest friends is Brooke. We've been friends, best friends, for more than 25 years now. I can't really remember a time when she wasn't important to me. We don't get to see each other as much as I would like. And, we don't even talk as much as I wish. But, she knows I love her, and I know she loves me.

Brooke was one of the first of my friends to visit after Carver was born. He was still tiny when she met him. She was also the very first non-family member to meet Carson. She actually surprised me at the hospital when Cargy was born. She is the only person that visited us in the hospital. My mom and Daniel's parents were there, of course, but no one else. Not a single other visitor. That makes me a little sad. BUT, Brooke came. And, I can't adequately describe how much that meant to me.

Anyway-- to the point of all this. Brooke came to visit me a few weeks ago! She and Robby and the kiddos dropped in for one night. It was too short but such a sweet visit. Brooke is family. Absolutely. We speak the same language. We are so different in a lot of ways but we have that history that just can't be replaced. She gets me and I get her. And I miss her.

We had a really fun quick visit at my house then met again for dinner a couple of weeks later when I was in Florida.

I'm thankful for every chance we get to see each other.








3 comments:

  1. I love you so much! You have always brighten my days and life with your friendship and words. I would love for us to live closer but for now I am thankful for our special meetings however crazy they may be. Love ya sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited you in the hospital...but maybe I'm family since I see your husband more than you do :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete