Valentine's Day was fun around here! As always, I love a good themed day. After all of our Christmas activities I have kind of slacked on planning things for Carver to do. Valentine's Day was the perfect opportunity to get back on track.
We got started on Monday of Valentine's Week.
 |
| Making Funfetti holiday goodies has quickly become a tradition for us. This time-- iced cookies! |
 |
| Our pile of supplies. |
 |
| Decorating hearts with string. He was not super amused. |
 |
| Painting hearts with a toilet paper roll-- this one was fun, but quick. |
 |
| Pink Gak! |
 |
| Art with Conversation hearts, and a little mid-morning snack. |
 |
| Making these heart shaped crayons was a lot more difficult than I anticipated. Removing the paper from the crayons was crazy hard. I should have prepped it without Carver-- he just sat and watched as I used a sharp knife to remove these wrappers, cut my finger and bled all over the place, and then tried to keep from cursing. Good times. |
 |
| But they turned out pretty cute. |
 |
| Daniel brought me flowers. |
 |
| And we set up the goodies for the boys the night before. Small gifts for this holiday. Books for each, candy for Carver and a stuffed dog for Cargy. My plan is to always give books and candy for V-day. I like traditions. |
 |
| Breakfast-- strawberries, milk, smoothie, and heart-shaped peanut butter waffles. He ate none of it. |
 |
| Ready for school! And he totally stole Carson's bag. |
.JPG) |
| Valentine's for the classmates-- Bubbles! Thank you Pinterest. |
.JPG) |
| I went to Carver's school for his party! These were their bags they decorated. |
.JPG) |
| Handing out the cards. |
.JPG) |
| Class picture! |
.JPG) |
| After School Treat. As soon as I heard that Chick-fil-A had heart shaped cookies for Valentine's Day I knew Carver had to have one. And me too. And they were delicious. |
 |
| Aunt Courtney (and family) sent goodies! We made cupcakes and Carver had a super fun time decorating them. |
Valentine's Day is not my favorite holiday, but I do really love making these small holidays special for the boys. I think it is, or should be, a fun part of childhood. I hope they remember it later in life. I love thinking about the traditions I grew up with. And I like to revisit those things in stories and pictures or places. I want that for my boys too. I am praying I am able to give them a few magical years before reality and sad, scary, or hurtful things come into their lives. Daniel and I will shield them for as long as possible, then hold their hands as we navigate this life together.
But, for now, we will eat heart-shaped food and bake cupcakes, we will eat candy for a snack just because and we will enjoy the little things.
Next up is St. Patrick's Day. I'm currently a month behind so you can expect to see that blog post in April :)
This post almost gave me a heart attack. For a split second, I thought: OH MY GOD!!! It's Valentine's Day!!! I need to get something for Courtney!!!
ReplyDelete