At the end of February our friends Courtney and Darin and their daughter Whitney came to visit. We had been really anticipating this weekend with our two of our closest friends. I can't tell you how much I loved having them here and how desperately I wish we were neighbors. I can't think of anyone I'd rather live next door to :) [Except maybe my sis, but I don't think she would enjoy it as much as me :)]
The very best part of our visit was watching Carver with Whitney. He absolutely adores her. He loved playing with her. He followed her around the house. He paced and whined and was
super impatient waiting around for her to wake up in the morning. I think she liked him too. They played well together and even hugged and held hands some. Seriously, it made me feel warm and fuzzy. Though I am a little tired of hearing the "Where Whitney go?" question NON STOP ever since they left.
It was super sweet to see how much Carver liked Court and Darin also. Sitting with them on the couch-- even in laps, and playing outside with Darin.
Whitney is precious and I am so thankful that I feel like I actually know her. She is four months younger than Carver, talks incredibly well, and is potty trained (I mention that just because I'm jealous). She is incredibly easy to love and Daniel and I both adore her.
I love how relaxed our visits are. Eating in and just spending a lot of time hanging out. It is comfortable and like having family around-- no stress, no awkwardness. We went to the museum and Babyland General, but for the most part we stayed around the house and let the kids play while we just enjoyed the easiness of good company. We even had a GREAT date night :)
We talked about plans for future trips, with and without kids, and potential visits here and there. We should get to see them in a couple of weeks when the boys and I go to Florida. I'm thankful for a short seperation this time-- usually our visits are far too infrequent.
Being with Court always reminds me of how incredibly blessed I am by her friendship and how God knew what he was doing when He sat me next to her in French class at UF about 11 years ago. I'm so very thankful for that wretched class. And for long rides on the dreadful Regional Transit System (public bus)-- these things bonded us together in ways I never could have imagined and formed the basis for a friendship that has survived a dozen years, 3 states, 2 kids and infrequent visits. She is a heart friend and I'm always thrilled when our families get together.
 |
| Night 1-- he has already stolen their phones and climbed into laps. |
 |
| Whitney even played well with Carson. |
 |
| I love this kid. More than words can adequately decribed. Daniel and I are so so lucky. |
 |
| Daniel got to be the cashier! |
 |
| We ate lunch at this tiny BBQ place in Gainesville. It was good and the owner was incredibly nice. |
 |
| Wearing Whitney's jacket. |
 |
| Babyland General! Everytime we pass the sign (which is every time I drive home) Carver says, "I want to go see the babies!" They had a great time. |
 |
| This makes my heart feel really full. |
 |
| Courtney and Carver. |
 |
| Checking out the ice cream. |
 |
| Super sad to see his best friend leave... |
 |
| His daddy had to console him. |
Counting down the days/weeks/months until they come back :)
No comments:
Post a Comment