Daniel was heading to VA with us for the night to do a camp show but since he couldn't stay the whole weekend, my mom came to Georgia to drive with me and the boys.
We headed out early on Friday and the boys did SO well. We made one stop for lunch at Cracker Barrel and that was it, then we were back on our way.
The camp show on Friday night was crazy but fun. Mom and I kept the little ones out of the way upstairs so they would not be too distracting for Daniel.
Daniel left right after the party to start making his way back home. Carver got to sleep with Grandmama all weekend (not the original plan, but it worked) and he was SUPER excited.
I adore watching Carver with his cousins. It is crazy and busy and he's hard to control but he has the best time and they are so very sweet and patient with him.
| Carver decorated Uncle Lyle with stickers. |
On Saturday we celebrated Bailey's 8th birthday! She had her party at a Putt Putt Golf/Fun Center in Lynchburg. After pizza and cupcakes the kids played arcade games, rode on bumper cars and raced in the go carts, I am so sad that Daniel wasn't able to stay for this party. He would have loved getting to take Carver on all of the rides and such. Thankful that Julia and Carver's uncles stepped in to play with him in Daniel's absence.
| Walking into the party! |
| This ride was hilarious. One of those moving seats that makes you feel like you are on an airplane or train, etc. Hair blowing, shaking, bumping--- so so funny to watch. |
| Daniel would have been horrified that I let him do this. |
| Bumper cars-- neither Carver nor I particularly loved this. |
| Feeding the babies. |
Sunday was Anna Kate's turn for a party! We went to lunch then church (Holly's week to lead worship!), and then we were off to Amazement Square, a great Children's Museum in Lynchburg. Carver was exhausted (no nap), but the party was really fun.
| Outfit change for the birthday girl. She was not amused. |
| Bailey LOVES Cargy. |
| Carver looking through a balloon. |
| Birthday girl! |
Sunday night we got Cook-Out for dinner (love), then back to the house for our last night in Virginia. Early Monday we started the long trek home. Let's just say, the boys were not as great on the return trip. No need for me to describe the hours of screaming we listened to.
It was a crazy exhausting weekend but I loved it. We just don't get to celebrate birthdays often enough. And getting to see both Lyle and Courtney's families all in the same weekend is very rare but very very fun.
Such fun times!! I wish we all lived closer together. I'm missing so much.
ReplyDelete