I may never tire of planning birthday parties for Carver, it is just so much fun.
Carver's second (or third, but who's counting) birthday party was in Baltimore. My parents, Courtney, Jules, and Michael, as well as Court's friend Angela were all there to help us celebrate. It was a blessing to be able to share this occasion with my family, if only Lyle and his crew had been able to be there it would have been perfect.
For this party I chose a zoo theme. This makes sense because Carver has been to the zoo 4 times already in his short life. Daniel again designed all of the decorations for me and we spent a number of hours cutting and creating all of the animals for the party. I thought it turned out quite well :)
For this party we had a "Chili Bar"-- Chili with a number of toppings; as well as Court's famous (at least to me) Mexican dip, a cheese ball, chips, and some amazing cupcakes. I made apple cupcakes (again courtesy of Ellen's recipe), and Courtney made S'mores cupcakes that were incredible. I won't divulge how many I actually ate but it was surely sinful.
Since pictures are worth a thousand words....

Thank you for your choice of main pictures here; where Daniel and I rolled up Carver's sleeves...
ReplyDeleteHa! I didn't even notice that. But, I'll leave it on here just for you :)
ReplyDeleteIt was such a fun and perfect birthday party. I love all the decorations and food. You did a great job! Carver looks so happy in the picture where you're showing him his birthday cupcake and candle. Love the next one too where he mashed the cupcake into his mouth. :)
ReplyDeletePlease, I need a blog update. Quickly!!
ReplyDeleteYou didn't post the last pic where he shoves the cupcake back in your hands. Hilarious.
ReplyDeleteI want to see that one too!
ReplyDeleteSomehow I don't have that pic...
ReplyDelete