Growing up in Florida did not provide me with much experience with snow. Several trips to Washington state did allow us to see snow on the ground, but never falling snow. When I moved to Asheville in 2003 and finally saw actual snow falling and accumulating I was instantly in love with it. I adore snow. Not that I would want to live in a place with permanent snow for all winter months but Asheville had the perfect amount. During the winter every week or so we would get a good snow-- a couple of inches-- that would turn the world into a winter wonderland, last a day or two and then melt away. The process would be repeated over and over through the winter months. No big piles of dirty snow to contend with. Then there were snow days! Daniel would drive to our house in his gigantic truck and pick Ellen and me up and we would go for groceries at Ingles (mostly to get snow day snacks) and then to Blockbuster for movies. We would snuggle down in our cozy house and l.o.v.e every minute of the day. There are about 30 things (at least) that I could immediately list that I desperately miss from Asheville (our house at 25 Baird St, my roomie/BFF Ellen, fabulous restaurants, shopping downtown, Biltmore House, Grove Park Inn-- just to name a few). But at the top of my list are snow and snow days. Some of my most favorite memories.
Well, much to my disappointment there is not much snow in Northeast Georgia. Even though we live in the "mountains" (ha). We've had a number of snow flurries and maybe 3 times when snow actually accumulated. Well, folks, today was one of those days!!! We got about 3 or 4 in
YAY for snow... it looks beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteHooray - snow days were totally the best!!!
ReplyDelete